Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Transitioning to summer.

Oh summer time, how I love thee. Let me count the ways:

1. Bear River Migratory Bird refuge. Too bad it will be closed for this summer, but it’s okay, I’ll be going up tomorrow, before it closes. Maybe, just maybe I’ll be able to convince my sister that a bike ride would be great around the 12 mile scenic route.

2. Vitamin D. mmm..how the sun hits the skin and splashes the body with wonderful nutrients and great glow, of course, only if I have on sunscreen.

3. Late night star-gazing. Lying out on the lawn and watching the stars, thinking about how small I am, and how great the universe is. Hopefully, I’ll be able to see some cool stuff this summer that I missed last year.

4. The smell of Russian Olive trees. How I love that sweet smell when driving on a highway, or down back roads.

5. Speaking of smell, going to the Great Salt Lake and just relaxing in the stench! Weird, I know but I love to go there and watch the birds (I’m sensing a bird theme here) and listening to the children play in the sand.

6. And finally LONG days. I love having a day that lasts until well after 9 pm and starts well before 6 am. Joyous are the skies in those wee hours.


There you have it, my list of summer loves, but not all.

1 comment:

  1. Call me when you want to go for a ride...I'm not very fast, but I really want to ride more. :)

    ReplyDelete